The most successful and notable campaign of the quarter in 2017 was Air New Zealand's "Mirry Christmus" Facebook post with over 70 thousand impressions. So what exactly caused the success behind this charming masterpiece?
- Entertainment - The post was highly amusing and relatable to the New Zealand audience. The incorporation of the Kiwi accent mixed with the use of humour created a content piece which the Kiwis loved.
- Incentives - Santa was doing a giveaway! Or maybe Air New Zealand was, we're not too sure. Consumers who engaged with the post had the chance of receiving one of the few mis-made toys from the video.
ASB bank was second in line with a successful Facebook post which achieved over 10 thousand impressions. The Facebook post also embraced the holiday spirit via a facebook competition. Consumers were asked to comment the number of hidden candy canes they could find in the picture provided in return for a chance to win one of five limited edition St John Ambulance and Station.
- The secret to its success is its simplicity- The post is simple to understand and fun to engage with.
- Encourages conversation - All that is required of you is to note down the number of candy canes you see, getting people to get in there and comment, discuss and agree with one another.
- Incentives - In return for your engagement you have a chance of winning a prize - and who doesn't love freebies?
The Warehouse also had a facebook competition of their own! This one was targeted at all the Harry Potter fans, and judging by the 1.4k likes and 5.3k comments, it seems that there are plenty of them.
- Incentives! - This one seems to be a recurring theme, and a successful one too. Consumers who correctly answered this question got to go in the draw to win the Harry Potter pack which was pictured in the post.
- Simplicity - Yet another simple post which didn't require much effort. Consumers had to simply finish off the quote to go into the draw. Sounds like a good deal to us.
- Use of relevant imagery - By simply looking at the post, all Harry Potter fans are immediately reeled in. I mean come on, it's pretty cute right?
And last but not least, Vodafone did an amazing job with a HUGE Facebook giveaway offering engaged consumers a chance to win 1 of 3 Vodafone Smart N8's. This post gained 5.1k likes and 2.6k comments.
Want to know who is owning the hot topics on SM at the moment? Check out Zavy now!